Cooking when you have a police officer in the family can be difficult! Even if you are fortunate enough to have your officer on a day time schedule the chances that he will actually get to eat dinner with you and the family are rare. My officer, Officer Hottie, works day shift but still doesn't get home until about two hours after we've eaten dinner so the meals I make need to taste good cold (as he is usually starving the second he walks in the door) and reheated (since I try to make enough to send with him to work the next day).


I hope you can find some meals here that your family will enjoy as much as ours.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Eating on the Weekend

I did very little cooking this weekend. And by very little I mean I gave the kids cold cereal and made a coffee cake for Cop's Wives Club. Oh, and on Sunday I made a baked potato salad, which was actually quite good and now that I'm thinking about it I probably should have taken pictures and put my recipe here. Oh well. There's always next time!
The reason I wasn't cooking or baking was because we had family stuff going on ... My brother, M2, met a great gal on Eharmony and she came, from England, to meet us and our family. Her parents tagged along as well. We spent a lot of time visiting, laughing, and most importantly ... eating. On Friday, Jeanette (girlfriend's mom) made us a most excellent Indian feast. I think we still smell like curry. On Sunday many of our good friends and family gathered to celebrate my M2's engagement to fabulous English Sarah. I wanted to share pictures of the food and friends and the visiting and the joy and the wonderfulness that was my weekend ...


The beginnings of chicken masala and chicken curry. Authentic Indian cooking my friends.


Getting the chicken masala ready to bake


The finished curry, ready to get in my belly



Everything's set.


Officer Hottie is one happy camper. Look at that smile. He hasn't even tasted it yet but he knows. I think with good food you do just know.


Uncle Leo looks a little freaky ... but don't we all when we are devouring deliciousness?


Fabulous English Sarah demonstrates how to git 'r done.


THIS is what it's all about.


And this too.


And a little bit of this.


And a lot of this.



Ok, he's just sweet.


Officer Hottie doing the happy belch. I still can't believe I captured this on camera.


My and my sister, R1. Love her.


See all the fun? See why I was busy not cooking this weekend? This is what life is all about. Food and loved ones. The best.

1 comment:

  1. That food looks divine! That is my kind of meal. Indian is my favourite. (english spelling in honor of your soon to be english sis in law) :)

    ReplyDelete