Cooking when you have a police officer in the family can be difficult! Even if you are fortunate enough to have your officer on a day time schedule the chances that he will actually get to eat dinner with you and the family are rare. My officer, Officer Hottie, works day shift but still doesn't get home until about two hours after we've eaten dinner so the meals I make need to taste good cold (as he is usually starving the second he walks in the door) and reheated (since I try to make enough to send with him to work the next day).


I hope you can find some meals here that your family will enjoy as much as ours.

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Apple Fritters

Dear Pioneer Woman,
My husband is a cop and by default, loves donuts. His favorite donut of all times is the apple fritter. In fact, the apple fritter is the donut of choice for his entire crew. Thank you for posting a recipe for apple fritters. I am, once again, my husband's hero. And you, once again, are mine. You are, however, the mortal enemy of my size 6 jeans. But, for today, they can suck it.
Love,
Mama Hen




Yum. Yummy. Yum.



M1 just so happened to stop by. Coincidence? I think not.



Approval. 



Which one? Glazed? Powdered???


Powdered. See that glimmer? That's pure joy my friends.



Polishing it off. Two bite apple fritter. Less work. All the joy.

I think I'll have another. 

2 comments:

  1. ohhhhh man, those look good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, I saw these on pw, and I closed the browser. If I looked any longer I would sucumb. Yours look great!!! Picture perfect.

    ReplyDelete