Cooking when you have a police officer in the family can be difficult! Even if you are fortunate enough to have your officer on a day time schedule the chances that he will actually get to eat dinner with you and the family are rare. My officer, Officer Hottie, works day shift but still doesn't get home until about two hours after we've eaten dinner so the meals I make need to taste good cold (as he is usually starving the second he walks in the door) and reheated (since I try to make enough to send with him to work the next day).


I hope you can find some meals here that your family will enjoy as much as ours.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Goddess Chicken with Sun Dried Tomatoes and Artichokes

Hi! Remember me? No? Are you still there?

I have been having a cooking revolution of sorts. Which is just my fancy way of saying I needed to figure out what I was doing.

I did. Now I'm back.

I got this recipe from The Six O'Clock Scramble a jillion years ago when I didn't know how to make my own meal plan and grocery list. I've actually thought about signing up again for a little recipe variety. For less than $5/month (if you get the 6 month subscription) you'll get a weekly menu with recipes and a shopping list sent to your email. There's a variety of recipes, most of them pretty awesome, and all of them mostly nutritious and family friendly. If you've never looked at the site, check it out. I think you'll like it. (No, not a paid advertisement...I wish.)


Goddess (or Caesar) Chicken with Sun Dried Tomatoes and Artichokes

It's a simple recipe and even with the scary sun-dried tomato aspect my kids eat it. Enjoy!

2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
1 can (14 oz) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
3 oz sun dried tomatoes, chopped. Not the kind in oil, the kind in the bag.  
3/4 c Goddess dressing (If you can't find Goddess dressing use Caesar. It's just as good!)
1/2 c chicken broth

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut the chicken breasts into chunks.
Place the artichoke hearts and sundried tomatoes around the chicken in a pan with sides.
In a measuring cup whisk together the dressing and broth and pour it over the chicken and veggies. Stir it a few times to coat the chicken.
Bake, uncovered, for 25-30 min (until chicken is cooked through) stirring once or twice.

I serve it over rice and with a Greek salad (just some cukes with tomatoes and feta cheese, drizzled with olive oil and red wine vinegar and a sprinkle of basil.)



No comments:

Post a Comment